Saturday, March 27, 2010

Our Yankee Doodle Dandy...

Kaleb had his first ever official Baseball game today. He played the pitcher position for most of the game and didn't let a ball get by him. :) I was sooo proud. When we got to the game, we found out that his coach wanted Eric as one of the assistant coaches so it's extra special that Daddy gets play such a big roll in his first year. :) All the parents were very nice and we really like the team. It was hard to say "Go Yankees!" but it was for my son so I forced myself. :) We did take pics in front of our Angels blanket as soon as we got home. lol

Below: Playing the pitcher position...
Below: going up to bat...
Below: On second base...
Below: Running home!
Below: on first base...
Below: after just running home...
After the game on the way back from giving the other team a high five... :)
Getting snack and a talk from his coach after the game...

VIDEOS BELOW...
Below: Kaleb playing "pitcher" base and making the play at first.

2 comments:

Mom/Grandma said...

OMG! How cute he looks! Great job, Kaleb! Did the other parents know to wear earplugs when Lisa is present???? Ha Ha they are probably still hearing your voice Lisa! It will ring in my ears all day today.....Especially the part where you shout "Go Yankees!

Lovely Lisa said...

In my hometown, the teams were named for the business that sponsored them. So the teams in my softball league had names like Sunkist (my team) and Sprite because the local Coca-Cola bottler sponsored them. I thought it was so tacky at the time, but it almost seems better than having to say "GO YANKEES!" It's like a guy calling his girlfriend by her ex-BFF's name.

I can't believe Kaleb is old enough to play ball already. What a little stud. :)

To go to the next page...

Click on "older posts" to your right. :) Enjoy!