Saturday, June 2, 2012

Very unexpected...

Out of the blue on the evening of May 19th I started having some pain on my right side.  Right away I felt something was wrong.  I already had my gallbladder out 6 months ago so I knew this was a different pain.  Eric was at Andi's soccer game so a friend of mine came over to watch the kids while I drove myself to the ER.  Turns out it was my appendix and I needed emergency surgery.  I was in the hospital for 4 days because I am on a blood thinner and since it was emergency surgery they did not have time to wait until the blood thinner left my system. I was at extra risk for internal bleeding.  Luckily, a few days after the surgery my blood work showed my internal bleeding had stopped so I was able to go home.  During my hospital stay I missed out on goosey's first dance recital, Miguel's choir concert and Andi's band banquet. :(  Thank goodness Eric was able to run everyone around where they needed to go. :)
Below: the view from my bed.  Yay, I got to look at the roof of another building.  lol
 Below: the kids with my two favorite nurses...

 Eric knew just how to cheer me up... He brought Poopie in an Angels shirt.  :)
 Below: each time they had to take my blood to test the clotting it needed to be a fresh sample from my arm so I was a pin cushion. :)

 Trying to get a pick of my room/bed from the bathroom. lol

No comments:

To go to the next page...

Click on "older posts" to your right. :) Enjoy!