Monday, May 19, 2008

Grandma & Elena Visit Texas

Last Thursday, my mom and my 19 month old niece Elena flew out here from California for a little visit.

On day one, we ran errands and Poopie and Elena had a great time playing.

On day two we took Poopie and Elena to the Frisco Athletic Center to swim in their kiddy island, (Andi & Miguel were still in school) and that night we ate at a Texas Themed restaurant called Babe's. to celebrate Eric's completion of the Texas Teacher's Certificate Program. (Way to go Honey!) Every once in a while the waiters would dance and sing the Hokey Pokey. Before we left, we got in on that action. :) Poopie cried when we left because he wanted to do what he called the "Pokey- Pokey" again.

On day three we went swimming at our neighborhood pool (about two blocks from our house), went to Miguel's game, then later that night went to our neighbor's house-warming party. The neighbors enjoyed meeting my mom and the kids enjoyed playing with all the neighborhood children in their backyard.

They were leaving on day four so we grabbed a quick breakfast at Denny's before taking them to the airport. You will have to excuse the pics from the Babe's dinner and the pool. I had to print them on paper and then scan them because my mom didn't have the cord to hook up her camera to my computer. The Athletic Center pics were taken with my camera phone. Oh well. At least we have pics of everything. :)

Below: On our way to the Frisco Athletic Center.

Below: Out to dinner at Babe's.


Below: Swimming in our neighborhood pool.


Below: At Miguel's Game

Eric was helping coach that game.

Below: Our neighbors party. (Dan and Sara)

Above from left to right: Stacy, Dylan, Mom, Dan and Sherry

Below: Mr. Nick, Eric and Dan


Above: Austin & Elena, I think she had a little crush on him... :)

Below: Matador Drive kids playing


Below: Out to breakfast before taking them to the airport.


Ya'll Come Back Now, Ya Hear!

9 comments:

Lovely Lisa said...

It makes me so happy to see your kids active and smiling, knowing some of the stuff they've gone through in life. And you, girlfriend, are looking thinner every time I see you. I'm glad (yes, and jealous!) that you got to see your mama. It looks like y'all had a blast. :)

Mom/Grandma said...

They turned out great! We sure were busy! Had a great time and wished we could have stayed a little longer....maybe next time. Thought it might be too much for Elena, but she did great! Her favorite part of the trip was going on 4 airplanes and playing with her cousins!! Then again, we could hardly get her out of the pools!!! Thanks for everything Lisa & Eric we had a fun time!

My name is Andrea said...

cute! looks like fun. I love the pokey pokey!

The A Team said...

looks like so much fun!! you guys are such a great family. everyone always looks so happy!

Lisa said...

They had better look happy or I will kill them... lol

Tara said...

Looks like you had SO much fun!! Don't you love it when family comes to visit? And you are gorgeous!!

Gary Church said...

There are moments when I wish I didn't live 20 minutes from my mom so that she could come in town and spoil us with her constant company. I loved those pictures! Love your family!!

Familyofthree said...

Can I come visit Texas? You all look like you have such a good time always! Better yet do the kids need a good nanny? I will just move there...my mom's not nearly as cool as yours...so she wouldn't come visit very often ;)

And congrats to the hubby! YOU GO!

Shannon said...

What a great time you guys had! Elena is so adorable, it looks like her and Poopie make great Pals :). I'm so glad you had such a wonderful visit. I know it's never long enough, but you can treasure the memories that you make with each and every visit :)

To go to the next page...

Click on "older posts" to your right. :) Enjoy!