Friday, November 28, 2008

We had a GREAT Thanksgiving!

Our day started bright and early with a Church Turkey Bowl game. :) Eric did great but Poopie was concerned when he saw daddy dive on the ground. He ran on the field to ask Daddy if he was ok. lol Then we went home to cook and clean before our guests arrived at 3pm. Everyone brought so much food so when you combined all of our goodies, you could have fed an army! :) The food was GREAT and best of all, the COMPANY was terrific! We had the Cochran's, Carlson's and the Gallacher's over for this special day. (20 people and 11 of those were kids!:) Another awesome visitor who stopped by was our birth mom! I got to feel baby girl move in her tummy. It was GREAT!

We ate, watched the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving special and played games. The party didn't wind down until 10pm! :) Thanks so much for the wonderful Thanksgiving everyone! I would like to end by saying that I am soooo thankful for my family, life, friends, animals, home, Texas and church. I am very truly thankful.

Below: Turkey bowl pics
Below: Poopie saying "hi" to Brother Hafen.
It was so hard for Poopie to stay on the sidelines. He said he was a little grown up so he wanted to play too. :)
Below: Thanksgiving party

Below: FOOD FOOD FOOD!
Below: I bought this gravy boat almost 10 years ago for $7. :)
Below: After game timeTime for dessert!

As you can see from his shirt, Poopie really enjoyed eating! lol
BELOW: HERE IS A SPECIAL VIDEO MESSAGE FORM THE KIDS TO YOU!

9 comments:

Amy said...

How fun! It's always more fun to spend the holiday with a big group!

My name is Andrea said...

Looks like it was a lot of fun! You are such a great photo-taker, I get busy and forget to take pictures!

I need a gravy boat, I only remember at Thanksgiving and Christmas!

On My Mind 24/7 said...

How exciting that the birth mom stopped in, and to feel the baby! I'll bet you can hardly wait!

Its great you guys have such great friends to share holidays with!

Shannon said...

Happy Thanksgiving Hills! It looks like you had a wonderful day. It is always nice to be with loved ones, sharing food and laughter.

Lovely Lisa said...

Dang, that makes our celebration look like "small potatoes," if you know what I'm sayin'. :) Looks like y'all had a blast, though!

Amy said...

How awesome! I am so glad you and Liz have gotten so close! And it totally looks like so much fun, I wish mine was that fun!

Debbie said...

Glad you had a great day...you look great!!!!

Reggs said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! I loved the part about the gravy boat. I have some things that I still remember how much I paid for 'em. So satisfying. :)

Gary Church said...

That looks like WAY more fun than sitting in a hospital bed with hospital Thanksgiving dinner ... next time I'll rethink that whole 'Thanksgiving Baby' thing and come to your place instead, lol.

To go to the next page...

Click on "older posts" to your right. :) Enjoy!