Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Water Tower

When we were trying to pick a house to buy in Texas, I KNEW I did not want to be around any water towers. I thought it would look ugly and to big for a neighborhood, and I didn't want it flying through my house during a twister... :) Well, right down our street they built a water tower and I LOVE it! I love seeing it at the bottom of our street when I am leaving the house or looking up to see it on my way home. Not only does it look beautiful, but it is a neighborhood marker. It helps that the city of McKinney has such a beautiful slogan and font for the city logo. I don't know if you can read it on the pics below, but it says...
McKinney
Texas
Unique by Nature

This is their slogan because McKinney is really big on planting trees and trying to keep everything "green." Anyway, here it is. MY water tower. :)
The pic below is taken from the street right in front of our driveway and the second pic is a zoom.

I also love the big, blue Texas skies. I never get used to how pretty it looks.

I guess I am having an "I love Texas" day. :)

1 comment:

Mom/Grandma said...

Well Lisa, the water tower can be the mountains you used to use to determine which was north! Thats how you can get the sense of directions.

To go to the next page...

Click on "older posts" to your right. :) Enjoy!