Thursday, January 7, 2010

Unexpected day off school

Today we woke up to find out the kids schools (Poopie's too)had been cancelled due to the extreme cold weather, (highs in the 20's) ice and single digit wind chill. My kids and my daycare kids have had a nice playing day. We all sat down to watch "Up" which I have never seen before. FYI... This is NOT a movie to watch if you are already sad. Anyway, it's nice to have daycare kids that are well behaved. Makes life MUCH easier. They have pretended not to notice my crying on and off all day. My own kids have been helping by bringing tissue over and over. I am grateful for good kids today. NOt grateful to have watched "Up."

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I couldn't agree more with you about the movie "Up". I've never cried that much with a Pixar movie! :)

kristi said...

I cried all through UP, we went to the theatres to see it. It was a wonderful movie and really made me think..be grateful for the time you have with somebody.

Land family said...

I didn't like that movie AT ALL. My husband's parents are old, his Mom is ailing with alzheimers, my own grandmother has dementia...it was just a little too heavy for me. I know the overall message was good, but I'm not sure I really "liked" it overall. What a hard thing to see after losing your beloved pup. :( So sorry.

I wish they would delay/cancel school here. -9 this morning. No recess for the kids for days....good stuff.

To go to the next page...

Click on "older posts" to your right. :) Enjoy!