Friday, January 9, 2009

California Dreamin'

Today reminded me of what it was like when we lived in So. Cal. It really made me miss home. Don't get me wrong, I love that it gets cold here and the super hot days in Cali don't happen here, but I loved the 70 degree weather. Tonight, the kids were out in the back yard playing with sidewalk chalk with no jackets. In my mind, I began drifting away to our Rancho Cucamonga house... sitting on the porch stoop while the kids played in the front yard... chatting with neighbors... listening to the trees, feeling the warm air, my feet in the grass... IN THE MIDDLE OF WINTER. :) But then... the next day was 90 degrees so I quickly wake up from my daydream happy to be here in Texas. Don't get me wrong, the weather changes drastically here too... from cold to warm. Not from "very warm" to "fry an egg on the ground" super hot. hahaha

So, here's to Cali. I am missing you today.

p.s. - Doesn't Miguel have the BEST fake smile in the world? Ask this kid to smile and he will make it look like he just won a million dollars! :)


I also want to add that today is my dear friend Dee's birthday! Even though I moved, she never forgets to send me cards for EVERY occasion and she always there for me. As a matter of fact, she sends me my first Christmas card every year. this year I got it BEFORE I got my Halloween card. Ahhhh... she is part of my heart. lol Happy Birthday Dee!!!!

6 comments:

Lovely Lisa said...

I get that way about Utah sometimes. I miss the cold, but I don't miss driving in the snow. Guess ya can't have it both ways.

Just Lisa said...

I don't know... It's pretty cold today here in Cali! I've been wondering if this is the year it's going to snow!

Reggs said...

Yes, southern california is nice and sunny...which is why its really crowded and polluted and has tons of traffic! (no offense to you californians).
Enjoy Texas if not just for the awesome no-jacket weather!

E Thrizzle Hizzle said...

California is great. Can't say I miss it, though. Just all of you wonderful Californian people who read this blog!

Oh, I miss the food too. Like In-N-Out, Tommy's, Juan Pollo, El Pollo Loco, Carl's Jr., and those questionable-Grade "B or C" health rated- Mexican and Asian food restaurants.

North Texas is great. We get the warm weather with the cold (sometimes causing storms). And people complain about a 30 minute commute here. Gotta love it! And when you talk to people, you notice that people under 31yrs sound exactly like Californians (w/out the cursing).

Anyways, today we will have a high of 45 degrees. However, the warmth will return in a couple of days...

E

Shannon said...

California misses you, too! I love the family tree on your new page layout. You are getting so good with the digi scrapbooking!

Mandy said...

I am sorry that you are missing Cali. (I am missing Cali, but just Disneyland and Sea World!) I know how you feel, when I have slid on the ice 6 times in one day, I miss the beautiful AZ winters! Although, it's nice not being 110+ in the summer!! :)

To go to the next page...

Click on "older posts" to your right. :) Enjoy!