Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Here We Come Ah-Caroling...

Tonight our family was blessed to have the Young women and men from our church come caroling at our house. :) They are so sweet, warm and so much fun to watch. After they sang for us, they gave us too many goodies to list. This really touches my heart because we are very down lately because I have not yet received my first check from disability and the goodies they gave us were not just wanted, but very needed. How wonderful it is to be a part of a church that loves us so much? How wonderful is it for young people to spend their time spreading joy? How wonderful is it to know that the members of our church are working in callings purely out of their love for God and eachother, not a paycheck. (All "positions" in our church are voluntary, even up to the Bishop, Stake Presidency, etc positions) I know my children will remember the blessings we received this season. I will not let them forget. I am overwhelmed by the true meaning of family and friendship. I am grateful that I am starting to understand that there might be bigger lessons to be learned from this...

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Okay Lisa. I've heard you mention that you need to take better care of your health. What triggered the disability? Does that mean you are home full time now? Do they expect you to return to your job soon? Are you feeling okay through all of this? Do tell. If you don't want to blog it all, just e-mail me.

My name is Andrea said...

Aren't our leaders awesome??? Lisa, I promise you that all our trials are for our good. We just have to humble ourselves enough to learn from them! I am thankful that we are in your ward and have the opportunity to know you and Eric! :) The pj's and clothes are awesome! Aren't moms (grandmas) just the best???

Lovely Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lovely Lisa said...

YAAY! I always loved going caroling as a young woman, and I even had a blast watching the young women do it when I was a leader. Good times. I'm glad they were able to cheer you up!

To go to the next page...

Click on "older posts" to your right. :) Enjoy!