Monday, December 3, 2007

Introducing ... The Hill Family Christmas Tree!

Our tree is decorated! We have had it up since before Thanksgiving, but we just now put on the finishing touches. As some of you from Cali know, I go ALL OUT in my house for Christmas and I have not even begun to finish everything. I know my deadline is Thursday because we are having our new neighbors over for dessert on Friday night. (About 5 families) The dinner and salad are being served at other houses on our street. Better known as a "Progressive Dinner." I am excited to get to know everyone, but the pressure is on to have everything done! This year was really fun decorating the tree because Poopie was so involved. He seems to understand how important decorating is to me bacause he hasn't touched anything he is not supposed to! I'm also happy that I am starting to let go of my controlling ways. (a little) In years past, I have gone back after the kids and "fixed" their tree decorating until it was perfect. :) Now, I actually think it is more beautful to see what they have created. I will be honest... I still offer "placement advise..." lol! And wouldn't you know, after 12 years of helping me decorate, Eric is becomming quite the design guy! :) lol! This is not a title he would like to me say out-loud, so I am putting in on my post! lol! Sorry Honey! Just giving you a little credit where credit is due. :)
























6 comments:

Lovely Lisa said...

Pretty tree! You should see our sad one. It's a little two-footer. We're waiting for the after Christmas sales to get the ginormous one we've always wanted... haha!

Brianne said...

Such cute pictures. Your tree looks awesome! I think I'd have the same problem of wanting to "fix" the tree if I let Ben do it. Maybe I'll take a picture of HIS creation and then do some rearranging of my own :)

Jennifer said...

Beautiful! Love the pictures.

The kids started decorating ours last night. It takes forever to unbend the fake tree and put lights on. I admit that I did need to do some rearranging because all ornaments were in the front n bottom quadrant. Jessica had all the girl ornaments in a cute row. No pictures from me, but I think Jon took some video.

Way to capture the moment!

Shannon said...

The tree is absolutely gorgeous! I have to fight the same instincts. This year, I let Jay and the girls put all the ornaments up and I just handed them out while my mother-in-law did the directing. And wouldn't you know, it looks just lovely even without my direction :). This is by far my most favorite time of the year.

My name is Andrea said...

Hey Lisa! I agree...beautiful tree! And I love your fireplace...brick is so much prettier than tile! (I have tile, so I can say that!) I just laughed yesterday when Jennifer pointed you out to me...small world! Ditto the fun on Thanksgiving!

Debbie said...

Cute, cute family Lisa! Your tree is beautiful!

To go to the next page...

Click on "older posts" to your right. :) Enjoy!