Tuesday, December 25, 2007

The Hill Family's "Operation Cookie Drop"

It has been a Hill Family Christmas tradition from the time Eric and I got married to bring cookies & cupcakes to our neighbors and friends in the days before Christmas. Because we do EVERYTHING last minute, we did this on December 23 & 24th. :) (As with all the other years despite our best efforts to start earlier the next year...) This year was special because we are just getting to know our new friends and neighbors so this tradition actually helps facilitate the "greetings". This year, like with other things, I am less controlling and my kids actually took a great part in the baking! I have to admit, I did go back over the cupcakes with an additional coat of frosting, but that was it! :) Oh wait, and I gave DETAILED step by step instuctions. But at least they got to finally touch the cookie dough! lol






Double click on the arrow below to watch the video of Poopie getting ready for...

"Operation Cookie Drop."


Double click on the arrow below to see the the video of the little Elves dropping off the cookies. :)

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'll trade ya - a loaf of my poppyseed bread for a plate of your cookies! Looks like fun.

My name is Andrea said...

Lisa, the cookies were so wonderful! I procrastinated all the way to not getting any done, so you are doing better than I!! We are grateful to have the Hill family as our friends! Merry Christmas!!

Debbie said...

What a fun tradition! And I can totally understand the need to go back over things and so on...I need to work on that.

Brianne said...

How fun! The kids look adorable in their Santa hats. I'm sorry I missed you guys when you came to our house, I must have been feeding the baby. The cookies were very yummy though, thanks so much!

Mom/Grandma said...

I'll be leaving California tomorrow morning to travel to Texas with Grandpa Greg and little Elena to get some cookies! I hope you saved some for us!!!! Looks like you had a great time...Must have been cold out! Can't wait to see you all! Love U

Lovely Lisa said...

This looks like SO MUCH FUN! I'm not gonna lie... I'm totally jealous. We didn't have time to do anything like that this year, plus we're scared of our neighbors (haha!).

Jenni Munoz said...

To the Hill Family,
Thank you very much for the yummy cookies. Miguel and I really enjoyed them with our hot chocolate and milk. We wish you a wonderful safe and healthy New Year. Love Miguel and Jenni

To go to the next page...

Click on "older posts" to your right. :) Enjoy!