Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day Flop

I had the best of intentions... We got tickets to the FC Dallas soccer game from our neighbor Mr. Nick. (Thanks Mr. Nick!!!) Since I am ALL about doing stuff that is free, we surprised Eric with the tickets and took him to the game. (My first gift was letting him sleep in without kids bothering him until 12pm.) :) Anyhoo... We were at the game for about 30 min when we got to see our team score a goal. It was pretty cool. They shot off some fireworks then ribbon and confetti went flying everywhere. At about that time, I started feeling REALLY sick. I was getting dizzy and my stomach was doing flip-flops. I went and stood in the shade. A short time later, I fell on the ground where I was standing and I was VERY close to passing out. The adventure ended with me being taken to their first aid station in a WHEELCHAIR! (Apparent heat exhaustion) I spent the rest of the day at home recuperating while Eric took care of the kids. I promised him a Father's Day do-over next week. :) Anyway, here are some pics of Eric getting his card from Andi and of the soccer game. Sorry babe! I love you! You are the BEST dad and husband anyone could ever hope for.

5 comments:

RAL said...

holy cow girly! I had no idea you had that happen! I'm glad you are doing ok now and that it was just heat exaustion! Yikes!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I am sure Eric didn't mind...having a health wife beats an ill one regardless of day!

Lovely Lisa said...

That happened to me once at an amusement park. It sucks! I'm glad you're doing better. The soccer game looks WAY fun, and I love Poopie's shirt.

Debbie said...

I hope you're feeling better! I'd pass out in all that Texas heat too though! Glad you at least got to see one goal!

Mom/Grandma said...

Hey, any day can be Father's day! It was something out of your control! It looked too hot for me!
Poopie's shirt is the best! Where do you find these things????

To go to the next page...

Click on "older posts" to your right. :) Enjoy!