Monday, April 20, 2009

Good deals

I called Time Warner today to get our cable canceled in an effort to save money. We use Time Warner for our phone, Internet and cable. If you call to disconnect, they have a new month to month plan that is a bare bones plan, but all three only cost $80 per month. This is about $50 less per month than we are paying now.

Another cool low-cost event is 31 Cent Scoop Night at Baskin Robins on Wednesday, April 29, 2009 5 P.M. to 10 P.M. They are doing a firefighters fundraiser. We can take the kids for a family night activity and get ice cream for less than $2 for our entire family. :) Now that is music to my ears. You can check their website for participating locations near you.

4 comments:

Michele said...

Oooooo why in the world do they have to have that at the end of the month?! lol That could ruin my non-existant weight loss this month!!! ROFL!

Janie said...

I am calling Time warner right now

Baskin Robbins though I avoid things like that because they expect you do donate a fair amount to the charity. I have a bleeding heart as my husband says so I end up paying more to the charity than I would for the ice cream normally

Mandy said...

Ya, it's amazing how when you call to canel a service, all of a sudden they have a better deal available for you!! :)

I'll have to check out the Baskin Robins thing, but I don't really like lines . . . I do get the free ice cream on my birthday though (and the girls get it on theirs)

Reggs said...

Deeeelish!! Thanks for the scoop. Hee hee.

To go to the next page...

Click on "older posts" to your right. :) Enjoy!