Sunday, September 6, 2009

Get Ready, Get Set, Don't go...

My perfect baby boy is now a big preschooler! :) He started last Tuesday. Eric bet me a neck massage that Poopie would cry when I left but I knew he wouldn't. (I love winning!) lol In fact, he was so preoccupied with his "school work" I had sneak in a kiss and hug. On his second day (he goes Tuesdays and Thursdays) he asked me not to pick him up for a long time. lol After school He proudly shows me is behavior chart with green stickers and explains that green is the best. :) He loves his teacher (she is also our friend from church) and loves making new friends. I am soo happy for him, but I have to admit it has been hard for me. Now that the school ball is rolling, we will never turn back. My baby is growing up!

When we walked outside to get in the van, Kaleb opened the door on the passenger side and sat in the front seat. When I asked him why, he said that he was now allowed to sit there because he was in school and a big boy. lol
Below: getting ready to walk in to school! Kaleb with his teacher... Starting his first assignment! Below: After school! He LOVED showing me is stuff and told me to take a pic. :)After school I took him to McDonald's as a special treat. We ended his special day with an ice cream cone. He told me as we were getting out of the car that he didn't want his special day to end. :)Minutes after the ice cream pic was taken, this is what he looked like... :)

After he woke up he had to call Grandma and tell her about his day.Showing me one of the crafts he made at school. It's called the Kissing Hands. :)Later the next night, he asked Daddy to help him with his homework. His assignment was to fill a bag with 4 or 5 items that helped tell about himself. He put in a monster truck because he likes them and had a monster truck birthday party, a picture of Jesus because he loves Jesus and church, two pennies because he is really in to finding money for his piggy bank, an m&m wrapper because m&m's are his favorite candy, and one of his floatees because he loved swimming in our pool all summer. :)

2 comments:

Lovely Lisa said...

That's right, Kaleb... enjoy school while you can, little buddy. :)

Cute, cute, cute. I'm glad he had a good first day!

Shannon said...

I think he did very well on his first assignment. All of those things are certainly good items to describe him to his teacher and to the class. Why is it that kids want to grow up and parents want to keep them little?

To go to the next page...

Click on "older posts" to your right. :) Enjoy!