Saturday, March 8, 2008

Getting ready for Easter!

Most of you know I am a freak for the Holidays. I have decorations for EVERYTHING. Some of my decorations are from as far back as 10 years. I just started decorating the house. I hope to finish next week. My old neighbor from California (Karla) said that the first thing she noticed about me before she met me was that I had decorations for everything! lol I took that as a huge compliment!
On another note, Easter makes me very sad because it was one of my Sweet Grammie's favorite holidays. She loved that Easter was a day were Christ was celebrated by others the same ways she celebrated Him everyday. She always made a cake for Him that said "He has risen." I know it sounds sooo weird, but it hurts me to think of anything that she loved. This year I am sticking to the Easter Bunny and Cadbury Eggs. Anything else just hurts too much.

4 comments:

My name is Andrea said...

Decorating emotionally exhausts me...I think it is awesome that some people like it :)

Mom/Grandma said...

My mother is very happy celebrating Easter with her Savior in heaven!!! She wants us to be happy for her because she is in his presence...

Lovely Lisa said...

I debated and debated over whether to even put my St. Patrick's stuff up. Drat whoever decided to have Easter in March this year! :) It throws off my whole decorating scheme. In the end I put the SPD stuff up, but I'm going to get the Easter stuff out on the 18th and leave it up into April. I'm sorry you're still so sad about your grandma... your decorations are WAY cute, though!!

Lynnette said...

so cute! I love it!

To go to the next page...

Click on "older posts" to your right. :) Enjoy!