Saturday, April 19, 2008

Crawfish Boil Birthday!

Our awesome neighbor Desiree had a Crawfish Boil birthday party tonight. Her equally awesome sister Natasha planned the event and we had so much fun! I have never had crawfish (and still haven't because I could not bring myself to eat them after I saw them alive) lol but Eric, in his usual fashion, finished off about 10 pounds of what he called "craw-dads." The kids dove right in to the southern food and had a great time. Poopie, like Mommy was not interested in eating the "bugs" but he was VERY fond of the jambalaya. :) There was yummy food, great people, laughter, music and best of all, cake! Thanks for the party Natasha,
and HAPPY BIRTHDAY DESIREE!!!
Below: Video of why I didn't try any... lol!
Below: The "AFTER" pic. :)
Above: Every time Miguel picked up a crawfish and showed it to Poopie, he ran away so it wouldn't "get him." lol
Below: He preferred the sausage from the jambalaya.

Below: Miguel was tearin' it up! Below: The Ladies of Matador Drive (Eric calls us the Desperate Housewives) :)
Top: Me and Sherry Bottom: Jenni and Desiree

4 comments:

The A Team said...

i don't know if i'd eat that either. this is ami. i wanted to post a comment so you'd have my blog link too.

Mom/Grandma said...

I'm surprised that Miguel and Andi would eat them!! Poor things! I wonder if they suffer long when they are boiled! (Don't try this at home!)

Lovely Lisa said...

Ugh... I'm with you and Poopie on this one. It's like eating a hamburger after driving past the feed lot. But this looks like SOOOOO much fun! I love Southern food (as long as I don't have to watch it being cooked, lol!).

My name is Andrea said...

I like going to crawfish boils, but prefer my meat already shelled! They do taste OK, but you have to work hard for it and get the image out of your mind. Oh and make sure you eat the meat and not the guts...

To go to the next page...

Click on "older posts" to your right. :) Enjoy!