Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Slow down time!

My friend Andrea posted today about how fast her son is growing up and by the end of her post, I was depressed. (Thanks a lot Andrea!) :) My kids are growing up so fast. It was noticing my baby sleeping and remembering how he was only 4 lbs 11 oz and now he is the size of a truck driver. It brings to mind that book about the lady who rocks her son in his sleep even when she is old and tells him," I'll love you forever, like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be." Geez. I am a mess. I do want to pick him up and rock him and I can see that I will want to even when he has grown up. Some of the most precious things about being a parent are the most painful. A few days ago Andi was singing along to High School Musical and I heard her tell Miguel, "what-everrrr." Miguel's math homework is almost too hard for me and Poopie tells me to move out of his way when I am trying to get some kisses. And so it begins...

3 comments:

Familyofthree said...

I remember when you brought you "truck driver" home! OMG has it been FOUR YEARS! ACK.

You are making me wax nostalgic, and our baby is the size of a grain of rice!

Susan--
Baby L's momma :)

Lovely Lisa said...

They're still kids yet. Love the sleeping pics! :)

Mom/Grandma said...

Awwwww! He looks so sweet! Makes me want to hug him....

To go to the next page...

Click on "older posts" to your right. :) Enjoy!