Thursday, April 17, 2008

Miguel's Award-Winning Performance

Tonight Miguel was in the 2nd grade production of "Animotion." His "animal" was the Seal. How in the world do you make a kid look like a seal? Well, I ended up dressing him in gray and using scrapbook paper, an old SpongeBob birthday party invitation, a stapler and the face of a seal I had printed on the computer to make a head band. I cropped the pic so it was just the seal's face and Miguel was the body. I felt sorry for his costume until we went to the performance tonight... He was the only seal you could tell was actually a seal. Most of the seals looked like mice. :) I was indeed happy with my creation. lol Miguel did a great job. He had a little speaking part and all the kids did a great job singing and dancing. Poopie was amazed by all the kids singing. He VERY loudly pointed out that he saw Brother and our neighbor Lillie. I was very proud of my great seal son. :)

Below: To see the video, slowly click twice on the arrow located at the bottom left side of the box.

6 comments:

Lovely Lisa said...

Love it! That reminds me of my days as a substitute teacher. :) Good job, Miguel!

Jennifer said...

I love the picture of you hugging Miguel.

Brianne said...

How cute! A seal? That's a tricky one! I think you came up with a great costume for him!

Kaylene said...

Cute! I love that you pointed him out in every pic with more than one kid, haha! So cute!

Jenn said...

So cute! Looks like he had a lot of fun. :)

Mom/Grandma said...

Is that you Lisa????? Such a rare sighting! You look great!!! Your face looks so thin. Great job Miguel! Before your mom & dad took you and Andi & Poopie away from me in California, I used to be able to go to the school programs!!! Ha Ha. I guess this is the next best thing.

To go to the next page...

Click on "older posts" to your right. :) Enjoy!