Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School

Yipee!!!!!!!! A VERY happy mom here to report that we made it to school this morning will all the lunches, backpacks, and each other. Poopie is very upset since we got home because he does not get to go to school with Brother and Sissy. :)

I LOVE the kids school. They just opened last year and already they are ranked as an exemplary school based on their superior standardized test scores. The exemplary rating is the highest you can receive. You can't beat having a top rated school just about a bock from your front door.
My first one that was ready for school this morning was my super hot teacher husband Eric. :) Where were the teachers that looked like him when I was in school? lol
Below: Andi found the school bus hair bow we got her a few years back when it was her first year of school living with us. I love having girl hair to "decorate." :)

Below: Everyone is ready to walk to school. Yes, Poopie is still in his jammies. I am NOT a morning person. LOL

Below: Who are these big kids? Andi started 4th grade and Miguel started 3rd. Poopie starts "Play school with Mommy in the morning." lol Andi wants to try and get in to her school's choir. The music teacher takes the first 55 kids that bring back the singed permission slip. The choir is really good. I found out at back-to-school night that this is serious business. It was recommended that after school the parents camp out in front of the school and sign the slips right there and the kids run them back to the music teacher. I will know by the time I pick her up if she was able to run it in fast enough. :) Wish us luck!

Below: We ALL have chore lists to help keep us organized this year.

Lets see how long this lasts... :)

9 comments:

Amanda said...

I LOVE back to school time:) Probably b/c I used to teach!

The A Team said...

so much fun!! i'm not a morning person either but have to drive sooo far that i have to get dressed.

Gary Church said...

Back to school time is soooo fun! Congrats on Miguel's baptism!!!

GsMomAswifey said...

Lisa, sure add my blog to yours and can you let me know how to add your's to mine?

Thanks...

Anonymous said...

Did she get in???

Sarah said...

thanks for visiting my blog and your bid for a good cause :D

Mom/Grandma said...

Chore list????? What is that? lol
My kids would have burned them!

Mom/Grandma said...

I remember starting the 1st day of school pics with Lisa, Nathan & Amy. How cute to see the grandkids with the same tradition! Eric looks too good to send to school!!!! Better keep an eye on him Lisa!!!lol

Lovely Lisa said...

Everybody looks squeaky clean and so excited! Poor Poopie having to stay home with Mama, though... ha! I'm only kidding. Y'all will have a blast once he gets used to it. :)

To go to the next page...

Click on "older posts" to your right. :) Enjoy!