Saturday, August 30, 2008

A Man, His Son & a Football...

Last night, Eric went to meet the Hafen's at the first ever Liberty High School Football game. We were going to go too, but the cost was $7 per person! Since Poopie was free, he was the lucky one who got to go with Daddy. Eric said he was scared almost the entire game holding on to Eric for dear live. Then... he saw a tackle right in front of his face. This changed everything. Suddenly, he was cheering along with Daddy, dancing to the drums and totally engaged. When they got home, he couldn't tell me fast enough about all of the stuff he saw. After a young man from our church scored a touchdown, the cheerleaders threw out goodie bags and little footballs into the stand. Daddy and son were one of the lucky ones to get a ball. :) He seemed most excited about the touchdowns and tackles. lol He told me more while we were getting him ready for bed and he managed to tackle Daddy a few times before settling down for the night. :) I was afraid of this day. I know that I am a single woman during football season so I was hoping Poopie's fire for football would not start this soon... I have husband who is thrilled. Geez.

1 comment:

Lovely Lisa said...

I must admit that that is incredibly precious. Sorry you couldn't keep him away from the lure of football... :)

To go to the next page...

Click on "older posts" to your right. :) Enjoy!