Friday, February 13, 2009

It's Done! Baby Girl is Ours and she is HOME!

Thank you everyone for your prayers and support! Angelina is home and we are soooo happy. Today, Brith mom and Birth dad gave us the most precious, eternal gift. We admire their strength and hope that you will extend your prayers to them during this time. Adoption is weird because we are experiencing so much joy and happiness today, but we also feel sadness for the birth parents and their families. Yet, adoption is beautiful because it allows people like us to be parents and to grow our family. We feel like Baby Girl was meant for our family and our Heavenly Father chose the birth parents to deliver her to us. :)
We arrived at our adoption agency at around noon today and signed our portion of the paperwork. Then, we went to the hospital to pick up our baby girl. They made us watch a video explaining how to take care of a baby. :) After that viewing pleasure was over, we headed home! :) The kids love Baby Girl. Andi is especially excited to finally have a sister.
Below: Eric is signing his portion of the paperwork
Below: At the hospital ready to go in and pick up our baby girl!
Below: the nurse is getting our exciting video ready. :)
Daddy is putting her in her seat for the first time...
Daddy taking her out of the hospital along with our social worker

Below: short video

Below: home at last!
Below: Our friend Girl (aka Liz) holding Angelina for the first time. girl has been out lifesaver for the past few days by staying with our kids and providing wonderful support. Thank you so much Girl!!!! We were also luck yo have our awesome neighbors Greg and Brenda stay with the kids for a few hours last night. Thanks!
Our across the street neighbor Sherry meeting Baby Girl
Below: SISTERS! :)
Below: Baby Girl is smiling for you! :) Please excuse us if we don't answer the phone much. we are floating around on cloud nine. :)

32 comments:

Eliza said...

Lisa- I am so happy to come on your blog and see the wonderful ending (beginning) to your adoption! I am on cloud 9 for you! Love all the pics! Keep em coming!!!!!!!!! She is beautiful!!

Jess said...

I've been checking back all day for an update. I'm so happy for you guys. Congrats again! She is a cutie!

Heavenly said...

She is so beautiful. Congratulations again. :)

Amy said...

I am crying, I am so happy for you! Congrats on your most precious daughter, and thanks for including us in your happy dream come true!

Jennifer said...

So happy for you. Enjoy your first sleepless night of many to come!!!! So glad she is home.

Celeste Pacatte-Hoffman said...

Lisa, I am SOOOOOOOO happy for you and Eric!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in tears! After all you've been through, I am thrilled Angelina is HOME!!!!!

Happily Ever After said...

I am so happy for you! How so very exciting. What a beautiful family you have!

Erin said...

We're so happy for you and your family. What a sweet little baby girl . . .meant to be a part of your eternal family. Congratulations!

Coleen and Gordon said...

Awesome! Congrats!! I can't imagine how you feel right now.

Lovely Lisa said...

YAAAAAAAY!

I think you should stop calling her Baby Girl NOW, before you end up with another Poopie/Kaleb situation. I can hear her now... "Mom! I'm not a baby!" :)

Have fun! I'm way excited for you.

Mom/Grandma said...

Grandma's coming!!! Be there tomorrow...can't wait to see my new grandaughter!!! (and all the rest of the family!) Elena and I will be leaving tomorrow at 2 pm. from Ontario Airport. Bringing lots of baby clothes along with me!
My prayers are forever with the birth parents for their bravery and love...Thank God for special people like them....
see you soon!
Love,
Mom/Grandma

Lynnette said...

Lisa & Eric!!! Awww, I am so happy for you! Words can't express how excited & thrilled I am that you have your baby girl home with you! My thoughts are with BM & BF. Have an enjoyable weekend with your new baby girl!

Brianne said...

Such wonderful news! We are so happy for you guys. Can't wait to meet YOUR beautiful baby girl!

Mandy said...

YAY YAY YAY!!!! I am SOOOOOOO HAPPY for you guys!! :) I am so glad to see that she is FINALLY here and YOURS!!! :)

Alabaster Mom said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! It's cute that they made you watch that movie, as if you had no idea what to do with a baby. ;-)

Amanda said...

This is WONDERFUL! How precious:) May she sleep better than my little one:)

Melanie said...

She's so beautiful!
Congratulations again Lisa and family!
Andi looks so happy to have a sister. The boys look so smug- you know they'll always take good care of her.
Enjoy these fist days.
Love to you all.

erikamgar said...

What a wonderful blessing for your family. The courage and the act of selflessness that birth mom and dad have shown is love beyond words. We are so excited for ya'll!
-Casa Garcia

Ash said...

I am so glad to hear the news!! That is wonderful! Congrats!

caryn said...

Oh Lisa, it has been such a blessing to read your blog. I have shared it with all my family. I pray all goes well. She is sooo beautiful! Such an act of love and selflessness and Angelina will be so blessed because of it :)

Just Lisa said...

Congratulations, Lisa and Eric! She's so beautiful! Perfect in every way!

LaFish said...

She is absolutely darling! What a great blessing! So glad that she is now a part of your family. Please let us know if we can help with anything.

-Liesl

Liz said...

I thought the same thing Melanie! Andi looks sooo happy to have a sister and Kaleb is like Ya, take the picture already I want to go play! Hahaha!

I know you are all happy to have a sense of normal back, well as normal as normal can be with a baby that needs everything and it's momma!

Liz

Amy said...

YAY! I am so glad she is in your home! What a great Valentines Present! She is beautiful and you are all glowing!
I'm so happy for you guys and your beautiful family.
CONGRATS!!!!

My name is Andrea said...

Yay! I am so happy for you! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Lisa I am in tears for you! This is so wonderful. What a beautiful family you have. Congrats!!!

Tammy said...

Lisa, I'm so happy for you and your family! These pictures bring tears to my eyes b/c I can see all the love. God really does bring families together through adoption.

Shannon said...

Congratulations to all of you! And, what a wonderful gift her birth mommy and daddy gave her by giving her the gift of life. Now, she can experience the love of a wonderful family and all that life has to offer. You are all in our prayers.

Michele said...

CONGRATS!! So glad you were able to bring her home yesterday. I hope you got some sleep and that she continues to bring such joy and love into your home! :-)

Jodi said...

Congratulations on adding the newest member to the Hill family! I'm so happy for you that everything worked out. Your new daughter is beautiful.

Shannon @ Lifelong Impressions said...

How wonderful! Congratulations to you and your family. Angelina is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful!

To go to the next page...

Click on "older posts" to your right. :) Enjoy!