Tuesday, February 24, 2009

No change :(


Baby Girl is still having a hard time. They tried to discontinue her deep suctioning today and her mucus got pretty clogged. She is not eating very well. They lowered her oxygen and she did not handle that like they thought she would because the oxygen alarms went off and her levels were in the 70's. I feel so helpless. It is hell going back and forth and I am sure this is very hard on our other kids, but all we want is for Angelina to get better asap. The respiratory therapist said that once she is home we have to keep her in a sanitized room and not let anyone around her for about TWO MONTHS! If we just had her, that wouldn't be so hard, but because we have a son in scouts and baseball, Andi in choir, activity nights, a three year old who needs me, and Eric going back to work next week, this will NOT be easy. We found out today that Eric does not get paid for this time on FMLA so this week we will LOSE $1,000k. I am just waiting for the "crap train" to pull out of our life and it looks like it is broken down on our track for a while. :( PLEASE continue to pray for Angelina. She is so small and precious and all we want is to see her well. Thanks again.

9 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm so sorry. She is in my prayers, and I hope she is home with you again soon. How hard to try to keep her isolated. :(

Jennifer said...

We know ALL TOO WELL the tricks of the trade for keeping a kid in a bubble. It's exhausting trying to keep everything clean and keep the "bugs" out. LOTS of hand washing by all. I would sanitize my hands all the time (getting in the car after being out anywhere, in between preparing food or "handling" other kids, etc). Angelina is so tiny and the bubble will be best for her. You can do this Lisa. It may feel like the "crap train" has lingered too long, but keep a lookout for the next load - opposition in all things. So with all the trial keep watching for the blessings. They will keep rolling in beyond belief. We pray for you and wish our arms reached longer.

I know it's tough to go in isolation because you are a social butterfly. I'm sure all your Texan friends want to come see you and baby too. Let them take your kids scouts and activities. Spread the word that you are a germ free zone - no visitors if they even THINK they have a cold.

I hope you get to bring her home soon. It's going to be tough, but you'll love having her home. It helps TONS to have your family under the same roof at night.

love you!!!

On My Mind 24/7 said...

Oh, hang in there, she will get better, she's just taking a little longer. I know how hard it is with the lost wages, but you'll pull through, and remember that thankfully its not worse. Your little princess will be just fine, you wait and see!

chelle1113 said...

My heart breaks for you and Baby Girl. I pray that she has a quick and complete recovery! I know it seems like a long road, but you all will make it!

catharooni said...

i have always wanted to see texas, and now i wish so very much i was there! i would play chauffeur for your kids and hang with the cool three year old a lot!! you have my prayers and love constantly heading your way. and a little something else, too - hope it shows up in your mailbox soon!! ***HUGS***

Anonymous said...

Awwww.
I wish I knew some words that would ease your family somehow. I have her in my thoughts!! I hope she gets better soon! I couldn't imagine!

Celeste Pacatte-Hoffman said...

oh Lisa I am so sorry Angelina is so sick. I pray she will heal soon and be a healthy little girl!!!!!!!!!!! Please call me anytime you need to talk hon, I am here for you...I have been thinking about you all this week. Sorry I haven't called, my own recovery isn't going well! I love you Lisa, we will talk soon!

Erin said...

Sorry to hear that Angelina is not getting better yet. Hang in there. It's amazing what you never thought you could do, and they you do it because you just have to. Children's at Legacy is such a nice, clean, close hospital. We're really fortunate to have it so close. Glad she's there. From someone who's been there, make sure you take care of yourself if possible. With the stress, lack of sleep, and everything, it's easy to end up sick yourself. You're in our prayers.

Alabaster Mom said...

Ack, I didn't check your blog for a few days while my mom was in town and I am so sorry to see that Angelina has been sick. RSV is scary stuff. I hope she is restored to health soon!

To go to the next page...

Click on "older posts" to your right. :) Enjoy!