Sunday, March 22, 2009

Dog Dayzzz

Oh the life of a dog. You get food and water, occasional treats, you can sleep and go to the bathroom all day and never have to worry about paying any bills... :) A lot of you ask me how our dogs are doing. Poodie is 12 years old and she is still going strong. (thank goodness because I could NOT handle losing her) She has to be on a leash because if not she will dig her way out of our yard in about 40 seconds. (The leash goes the length of our huge yard.) In the pic above you can see a couple of the holes around the perimeter of the yard... lol With Poodie, I was a lonely 19 year old living alone in an apartment and my friend Josh offered to buy me a dog. We went tot he pet store and I saw this cute dog with HUGE paws. I had NO IDEA this would mean she will be a big dog... lol I named her Poodie because when she ran her little butt flew up so high it looked like she was going to flip over. I told her she had a Poodie butt and the next thing you know she started looking at me when I said the "poodie" part. :) She slept in the bed with me and was very pampered UNTIL I married Eric and he banished her outside. Since this would not work for me, we have since had every garage we had turned in to a dog area. She has had couches, beds, rugs, you name it. So the garage is her house. She ALLOWS Wavo to dwell there. Wavo... is annoying. She is six years old. The kids love her. I only got her for Poodie. Before Eric and I were married, I lived alone in a house I rented that had a HUGE yard for Poodie, but she had no one to run around with because I worked all day in Orange County (a 2 hour commute one way with traffic) and I went to school at night so I was never home. I found Wavo running around near my work around what the warehouse workers called the Juevo truck because they bought egg sandwiches from them. (I worked at the Hot Topic corporate office as a staffing manager and we would go get food from that truck too when we heard the "horn.") lol Anyway, it was an industrial park so the only way a little puppy could have been around is if someone dumped her. I did call Animal Control and then put her in my car so she would not get hit by a truck. (windows down.) After waiting TWO hours for an animal control person, I decided to bring her home and call from there. Once I got home, Poodie became Wavo's GOD and she could not be torn from her side. Poodie was not as impressed and still isn't. hahaha lol Since I found her at the Egg truck, I named her Juevo Sandwich. At the vet they wrote her name as Wavo and it stuck. haha

I took these pics yesterday so this is an actual shot of how they look now. :)

4 comments:

Dad2TSG said...

Awww, you're a good doggie mommy.

Lovely Lisa said...

I never knew how they got their names. Thanks for sharing! :)

Michele said...

Love the name stories! Toooo funny!

Mandy said...

That was fun to read!! Super cute dogs!

To go to the next page...

Click on "older posts" to your right. :) Enjoy!