Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July part 1: Church pancake breakfast

This year Miguel's cub scout pack performed the flag ceremony. Brother Morgan shared some patriotic words, the bishopric made some GREAT pancakes and "Sister Friendly" lead the kids in a parade around the park. It was a great way to start the day!
Below: Ready to march in the parade!After the breakfast I had to make a quick run to the store and in the Target parking lot there were some horse trailers with two horses. Kaleb asked if he could "pet" them so I pulled over and asked the men handling them if my sons could see them and they said yes! :) (I only had Miguel and Kaleb with me.) They were so nice and told us about the horses and let Miguel get on the horse named Texas. :) (Kaleb wanted NOTHING to do with getting on the horse.) We thanked the nice men who Kaleb called "the cowboys." :)

4 comments:

Amanda said...

looks like your 4th was fab:)

L weighed 21 lbs at his 1 year!!! that is CRAZY at 4 months! I don't know how you carry her in the car seat anymore.....you must have some muscle:)

Lovely Lisa said...

I love the horse pics! What a nice thing for those guys to do.

Your holiday breakfast sounds way better than ours. It was so lame I didn't even bother taking pictures.

Mandy said...

Our ward had a pancake breakfast too, at 7am! I was to lazy to get up and go to it! :)

Love the horse pictures! Great that those guys were so nice!

Shannon said...

It looks like the kids are learning early on what a great country they get to live in. I'm cracking up over here that you had your camera with you on your quick run to Target. You are so good!

To go to the next page...

Click on "older posts" to your right. :) Enjoy!