Friday, July 24, 2009

About birth mothers

I don't think I can ever express the gratitude we have for birth mothers. Being a birth mother is truly the highest calling given by God. Without the choice of our birth moms to give birth and then to show that they are completely unselfish by giving our family the perfect gift, Eric and I would not know what it's like to be a Mommy & Daddy. Please take one moment to watch this short video to, in some small way, understand the prospective of the birth family. Honestly, Christina (Angelina's birth mom) was the only one who had to go through her entire pregnancy and make the choice for adoption. Andi & Miguel's BM lost custody after inflicting abuse and neglect. Kaleb's birth mom did not know she was pregnant and gave birth to him in her high school bathroom, but then made such a grown up decision afterwards to choose adoption. Her mom was trying to convince her to keep the baby but she knew the best thing for him was to have a family with a mom & a dad and a better life than she had. (She was 16 and her family lived in a trailer.) I remember meeting her and the social worker asked her about a name and she said, "You guys can name him. He is YOUR baby." :) Then there is Christina who knew she was pg and had to agonize her entire pregnancy over what was best for the baby girl she was carrying, feeling, and bonding with. I CAN'T imagine how hard that must have been and how hard it still is to deal with. The day we got Angelina was so weird because we were so happy for us, yet our hearts broke for Christina and DJ knowing the pain they have just gone through to leave her for us and to sign the paperwork making her ours. What I DO know is that we are a loving family created by adoption. I love my kids as if i had given birth to them myself. We are grateful EVERYDAY for the women who brought our children to us. We are ETERNALLY grateful.

Get your tissues ready... :)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

You think it's a tear jerker watching it on-line, try hearing it live! At TOFW a couple years ago Michael McLean was there and sang this song. I was a mess. Thank goodness I was there with friends who all had tissues.

Elle Bee said...

That is so touching. Birth moms are amazing amazing women.

M said...

I'm at work and not even going to dare watch that video!

What you said was beautiful and I too, have a testimony of birth mothers. Adoption has touched my life in several ways and I am so thankful for the sweet children in my life because of selfless birth mothers.

Thank you for this post :)

Michele said...

Oh gee thanks for making me cry! lol I LOVE that song and I LOVE Marie! :-) lol I understand he also put out a book and CD combo for adoptive and birth families. I would love to have it. He wrote some other songs for it and I guess it is pretty good.

To go to the next page...

Click on "older posts" to your right. :) Enjoy!