Thursday, February 11, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Baby Girl!

I can't believe it's already been a year since our sweet baby girl was born. I remember getting "the call" from Christina saying she had just had her. I was THRILLED when she said we could come to the hospital for a quick visit. When we got there, I walked right past the baby in the nursery window. Eric said, "Babe, I think that's her..." To which I responded, "no... that's a white baby." LOL!!!!!! I will forever feel bad about that. haha We were not allowed to hold her and only I was allowed in the nursery. I'm sure that was hard for Eric and it was soooo hard for me not to be able to pick her up. At that time, we were still scared that Christina might change her mind so I wanted to keep my guard up, but that was so hard once I saw her beautiful face. At the same time, my heart broke for Christina and DJ because I could not imagine what they must have been going through. What a day filled with every emotion possible. It seems like just yesterday. Our baby has blessed us EVERYDAY since then and brings sooo much fun and joy to our home. Happy 1st Birthday Sweet Baby Girl! We love you!!!! (Her party is this Saturday)
Below: 2/11/09, the baby was just a couple hours old in these pics...


Below: taken this morning at the exact time she was born one year ago... :)


8 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow! She is 1 yr old already? Time flies!!! I remember reading the post that she was born and seeing those first pics!!! I love reading your updates and seeing her and your other children grow! Thanks for the updates :0)

Melissa said...

Ps. forgot to say: 'Happy 1st Birthday Angelina!!'

Eliza said...

i know time does fly! Why wouldn't the nursery let you hold her? that seems crazy!
Happy birthday to your baby girl!

Shannon said...

She's just so adorable and so happy! What a gift she is in your lives. She is the poster child for making the RIGHT choice.

WWSuzi said...

What an adorable and cute little princess :) Happy Birthday!!

Lovely Lisa said...

I can't believe it's been a year either. She is so adorable. Happy Birthday, Angelina! ♥

golonghorns said...

Awww, Happy Birthday to your cutie! Noticed you on Elle Bee's blog roll. We have a Texas Bloggin Gals group you can google it, come check it out and add your blog to the list if you like! My father in law sent us some snow pictures yesterday what fun for your kids!

Juli said...

Wow, she was a big beautiful baby! What a little sweetheart she is.

To go to the next page...

Click on "older posts" to your right. :) Enjoy!