Tuesday, February 2, 2010

To my Papa...

Today marks one year since you passed away. I miss you more today than yesterday. I miss our talks on the phone and the way you always called me your sweetheart. I miss that you tried to act tough but were a teddy bear. I miss how you were right about everything as am I. :) I miss your advice, stories about the war, and hours of "what you should do is..." I will never forget who you told me when we found out about getting Poopie you got on your knees for hours asking the Lord to give us this baby. I will never forget the hours you played with me in your backyard and rolled me around in the wheelbarrow. Now that I have young ones, I appreciate all that took to entertain me all day. I will never forget your big arms wrapped around me holding me, even as an adult. I will never forget how you held your coffee cup or kept a pen on the table to write lists. I wish I had listened to your stories more intently. I am proud of your service to our country. I am proud that you always supported your family. I am PROUD to have you as my Papa. I love you so much.

6 comments:

Lovely Lisa said...

So sweet. Hugs for you today!

Elle Bee said...

Lisa, this is a wonderful, heartfelt tribute to your papa. I love the photo you chose--it shows such a warm man who was obviously so special to you.

The A Team said...

what a great tribute. you will always have amazing stories to tell your children about the legacy of this man who helped make you the great woman you are today.

Juli said...

You are so blessed to have your Papa around for so long and I know he still watches over you.

Juli said...

You are so blessed to have your Papa around for so long and I know he still watches over you.

Mom/Grandma said...

Awwww....What a great picture of Dad! Where was that taken?? I hadn't seen him smile like that in a long time.....Since mom passed away.....He looks so happy as I'm sure he is now...It made me cry...
I miss him more than anyone will know...
Lisa, you were his joy. He would be so proud of you and your family to see you now. Let's never forget them and how much we miss them....

To go to the next page...

Click on "older posts" to your right. :) Enjoy!